The CNY Triathlon Club Winter Training Facility (WTF) is financially supported by the Onondaga Cycling and provides a unique venue for winter time training. Located in the corridor between Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sears in Shoppingtown Mall, the facility is equipped with 50 brand new Kurt Kinetic trainers, sound system, two large screen video monitors, CD/DVD player and even a disco ball (not kidding). Bring your bike, water bottle, towel and your desire to have a great workout.
The WTF is available for use free of charge only to current members of the CNY Triathlon Club or Onondaga Cycling Club and, of course, is a benefit of membership.
The facility is open only at the times listed in the schedule and the Schedule is subject to change.
IMPORTANT INFO about your facility
- We are located in the “Community Wing” of Shoppingtown Mall. That is the space between Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sears. We are on your left, about 3/4 of the way down the corridor from Dick’s as you head toward Sears. Don’t go past the stairs!
- You can park near Dick’s and walk your bike down from the Dick’s entrance to the Mall. You can also use the parking facility located between Sears and JC Penney. Exit the parking facility and use the entrance to the mall near but to the left of Sears entrance. Go up the escalator, go down the corridor to your right, and you will enter the Mall almost directly in front of the CNY Tri Club WTF.
- The Mall entrance opens at 6 a.m. during the week and 7 a.m. on Saturday’s.
- For safety reasons, it is recommended that you NOT use the “Employees Only” corridor that extends from the small parking area parallel to Erie Blvd and enters the Mall near the WTF.
- When the parking lot is wet or snow covered, carry your bike up to the mall entrance and roll your bike the rest of the way to the WTF. We want to keep the trainers corrosion free.
- If you have never used a bike trainer, no worries! It is easy and the leader of the session will show you how to set your bike up. After that it is easy!
- There is no bathroom in the WTF, but there is a restroom nearby in the Mall. Bring your water bottle prefilled from home.
- The WTF does have a women and men changing area.
- Bring a towel and water. If coming to yoga, bring a mat, but there are mats available at the WTF.
- Be sure to sign-in for each session at the front table.
- If you are attending a session, leave a comment on the calendar. We need a minimum of 3 participants to hold class. See comments in the calendar for any cancelations.
- The WTF is not available on a walk in basis. It is open only at the times listed in the schedule.
- We plan on operating the facility at least until the end of March, or sometime into April. Then it’s time to get outdoors! The WTF is closed for the warm weather months.
The Schedule -
Spinervals Base Building is based on a 12 DVD set along with a Base Building program. To learn more, click this Spinervals Cycling Pre Season Aerobic Base Building link to read a schedule of the program.
- The DVDs are for use at the facility but Coach Troy Jacobson is providing all members a discount code, available at the WTF, for a free one month Spinervals.com membership, to purchase DVDs at 20% off for use at home. If you are unable to make the group session you can still get the workout in at home.
Schedule for SPINERVALS:
Possible Early Morning Session @ 5:30 a.m as interest develops later in the Winter Season.
Monday – 9:15 a.m.
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday- 7:15 a.m.
YOGA for THE TRIATHLETE
The WTF will be featuring YOGA for the Triathlete. This is a 60 minute class open to all current CNY Tri members and OCC members.
So, what is this class all about? It is about increasing flexibility, balance and strength to some cool tunes. This class is for the beginner to advanced. The routines focus on the body we, as triathletes, have a tendency to forget or are prone to injury: Achilles, hamstrings, hips, and back. The class also works on increasing upper body strength to become a stronger, more efficient swimmer, challenging balance routines to increase strength in quads and core and static stretching to get those hamstrings and hip flexors strong for biking and running. Incorporated in the routine is an ab/core workout and class will end with a relaxation period to get the body and mind to quiet down.
Schedule for YOGA:
Tuesday – 6:00 p.m.
P90X – AB Ripper X, CARDIO X and MORE!
The WTF has purchased the P90X DVD’s and have added two sessions to the calendar. AB Ripper X and Cardio X. Are you ready to “Bring It?”
Monday – 7:30 p.m. AB Ripper X (15 minutes)
Tuesday – 7:00 p.m. Cardio X
Wednesday – 7:30 p.m. AB Ripper X
Saturday – 9:00 a.m. – Cardio X or Plyometric
Saturday – 10:00 a.m. Stretch X
FRIDAY NIGHT FLICKS!
Come out to the WTF and hang out and watch a movie. We will try and post the movie up on the calendar each week.
Friday – 6:00 p.m.
HELP WANTED (always, as CNY Triathlon and the Onondaga Cycling Club are volunteer organizations supported and made possible by you!)
Interested in volunteering to conduct a fitness class? If you would like to teach a class of your own, let us know! We are always looking for classes to add to the schedule over the winter months!
If you are interested in being a co-leader for any of the sessions listed on the calendar let us know! Co-leaders are there to serve as back-up if the leader isn’t able to make a session and/or share the session schedule.