As a member of the largest cycling club in Central New York, you’ll have the opportunity to meet people who share your passion for cycling! You’ll almost always find someone on a ride with similar abilities as you, and club members are always willing to stop and help if the see a fellow rider with a flat or other mechanical problem.
In addition to the camaraderie, there are other benefits:
- A well planned ride calendar of staffed rides including:
- 2 Cycling Races sponsored by the club each year (Syracuse Race weekend in May and the Syracuse Grand Prix Cyclocross in October)
- Annual Bike Fair showcases new equipment, special rides and cycling related information as well as providing an opportunity to meet other members of the club.
- Discounts at local area bike shops
- Annual awards banquet and meeting (usually in mid-January)
- Insurance coverage for club members at club events
- An annual Vacation Ride, organized by club members, usually in August and in a different location each year.
- Sponsorship and use of a Winter Training Facility (from November to April)
- Quarterly newsletter
- A resource for beginning riders and those new to the sport
- Web-based access to numerous regional cycling events and activities
- Membership to the Club Listserv posting questions and comments for other members
- And many more!
So what are you waiting for?? Join now and start riding with OCC!